Come make the cloud more secure for everyone! AWS PrivateLink offers an easy and intuitive way for applications to securely integrate with remote services and data sources. As part of our team you will help simplify private access to any resource, making it "just work" for our customers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer for the PrivateLink team, you will join a team of deeply technical engineers passionate about the mission of simple private connectivity and making it work at extraordinary scale. In this role, you will provide technical leadership, solve complex software problems, and make impactful trade-offs between short-term and long-term results. You'll think in terms of architecture, not just code, and will help elevate our ability to build and operate high availability systems worldwide.
A successful candidate is comfortable in a leadership role and seeks to mentor and grow less experienced engineers on the team. You understand customer obsession and live and breathe operational excellence. You know when to partner with and influence other teams to deliver results.
This positiion will involve oncall responsibilites and maintaining existing systems as well as developing new capabilities to delight our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, constructive code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will you develop into a more capable, well-rounded engineer.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience building large scale distributed services
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cross-team to influence and deliver solutions for your customer.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create technical designs
- Experience mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role