Software Development Engineer III
- London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about the developer experience? Want to make an impact on how thousands of development teams build products? Do you have great ideas on how to build powerful, intuitive development tools? If so, we want to talk to you!
Our team is building a new component of the AWS Developer tools- CodeCommit. We know the problems we want to solve but there's still a lot work left to design and build the solution. The product will meet AWS standards on scalability, availability and security, integrate closely with other AWS services and be a delight to use.
On this team you will play a leading role in the definition, design and development of this new service. You will:
• Work with development teams inside and outside Amazon as your core customers.
• Identify and eliminate developer pain points in multiple languages and toolchains.
• Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for software development at Amazon.
• Learn, use and master core AWS and Amazon technologies
• Work closely with remarkable engineers and business leaders on hard problems.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with Java
• Experience in the design, implementation and operation of large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and document technical designs.
• Experience with AWS products such as S3, DynamoDB, ECS, ECR, CloudWatch and CloudFormation.
• Passion for building and improving developer tools.
Think you can be successful here but don't have some of these? Give it a shot- we're great at teaching!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top