Software Development Engineer III
- Bangalore, India
Will you be excited to join us as we embark on our 3 year strategy to build next generation architecture for outbound marketing. We accurately predict each customer's shopping intent so that we serve up the most relevant offering (s) from multiple competing content sources/creators within/outside Amazon via the channel (Alexa, Mshop, Email etc) most suited to receive the communication.
Outbound Marketing organization owns mission is to proactively engage World Wide customers to help fulfil their shopping missions. We deliver best-in-class customers' communication experience over all possible channels. We build self-governing and message-optimization engines that leverage integrated Machine Learning, massive data processing and adaptive algorithms to select the best messages to send customers, over the best channel, and at the right time. The problems we face are complex and interesting including information engineering, data mining of Big Data sets, and governing real-time messages at scale. We build large scale, distributed systems using multiple AWS services that we designed from the ground up.
We are seeking a thought leader who can lead building next gen architecture with best in class customer experience and innovation working with Principal Engineers.
You are able to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where delivering results of high quality with low operational impact is super critical. You pride yourself in diving deep and strongly collaborating with product managers to solve hard, customer facing problems. You have strong business and technical judgment that enables you to make effective decisions about technology choices. who is not only a champion of Operational and Engineering Excellence but someone who is hands-on and leads by example.
You will play an instrumental role in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high bar for software quality besides providing direction to a highly technical team of software engineers.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon Outbound Marketing Communication with an emphasis on improvement in Outbound Marketing Business and System Health metrics
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Integrate with Amazon's world-class service-oriented infrastructure
• Introduce new technologies, techniques and ideas that will immediately be proven in the world's largest consumer marketplace
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years relevant work experience
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years relevant work experience
• Experience in design and coding in OO languages like Java or C++
• Familiarity with scripting languages and an understanding of Agile environments.
Master's degree in Computer Science with 6+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with Java, Spring MVC
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
Back to top