Interactive Streaming is disrupting many industries! AWS AppStream is the managed solution from AWS for interactively streaming any app. Driven by technical evolution, faster networks, advent of 5G, cheaper compute and graphics instances, interactive streaming is poised for breakthrough solutions. Streaming services (Amazon Music, Prime Video) disrupted the industry a decade ago focusing on static streaming. AWS AppStream takes the same principles and enables App-On-Demand through interactive streaming. Be it a productivity or enterprise app, just use the client of your choice (Mobile, Desktop) and instantly stream the app you want. No physical media, no specialized hardware, no installation necessary.
Our team is innovating in multiple areas to give our customers the best in class interactive streaming platform. Millions of concurrent streams, snappy click to app stream start, faster than human perception end to end latency of stream, lowest possible cost per stream, secure and isolated streams for best compute and graphics utilization, high fidelity graphics, broad server OS selection as well as client OS footprint. These are all goals we are tackling by leveraging the best AWS has to offer. We are looking for people who believe in the promise of cloud computing, who are excited by hard computer science problems and who are willing to re-imagine what's possible. Read more on AppStream.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience in building secure and scalable streaming services and/or applications for multiple OS platforms
- Experience with media streaming or network level protocols
- Background in data structures and algorithms
- A Passion for quality and customer experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 4+ years experience coding in C/C++/Java
- Knowledge in iOS, Android and Windows
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life