Software Development Engineer II - Prime Video
- Santa Monica, CA
Prime Videos is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow a lot.
The Catalog Quality team in Prime Videos is responsible for building solutions to ensure any defects on any title offered to streaming customers are detected and prevented from reaching them. Defects could be on the video (frozen sections, frame drops), audio (eg audio/video out of sync, audio quality issues), subtitles (subtitle/audio out-of-sync, spelling/grammar issues), artwork (inappropriate content) amongst many other. These defects are detected on all titles using Computer Vision, Machine Learning and operators.
Our job doesn't end at detection, we also provide solutions to remediate these defects by automatically and efficiently deploying appropriate resolution mechanisms including auto correction in cases such as subtitle or audio drift and automated redelivery requests with the content owner studios and partners.
We ensure that all defects are detected and fixed and defect-free content is delivered to our customers on time while the catalog continues to increase in breadth and depth as we onboard more content and expand in more territories globally offering content in more and more languages. The scale of scanning, detecting and fixing defects across all languages continues to be an extremely challenging and interesting problem to solve on various dimensions of technology and operations and we are excited to continue to raise the bar on quality for our customers.
All our solutions are server-less and use AWS offerings such as AWS Batch, Sagemaker, Step Functions, ECS, ECR, Cloudwatch, API Gateway, Cloud Formation, CDK, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, Dynamo DB etc. As an SDE on our team, you will have an enormous opportunity to learn and build highly scalable and distributed solutions to deal with increasing prime video catalog and impact the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products. You will be responsible for systems that serve millions of customers per day, with obsessively high reliability, and low operational overhead.
Come join us to ensure we offer a defect free experience and make prime video the streaming platform of choice for customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expert Java or C++ coder
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns
• Proven system design skills
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us*
Back to top