Software Development Engineer II - Prime Video
- Santa Monica, CA
Have you ever wanted to build software to deliver amazing shows to millions of users? Our team in Prime Video, builds software so Tier 1 movie studios and independent film producers can deliver, publish and get paid for streams in over 265 countries worldwide.
I am a development manager in Prime Video and am looking for strong developers who want an opportunity for growth building high speed data delivery systems, and creating simple solutions for the complex media ingestion process.
Would you be interested in chatting about opportunities? Click Apply!
At Prime Video we ship highly scalable customer-facing products and services word wide, build cutting-edge experiences on tablets, game consoles, smart TVs, and PCs, develop personalization algorithms to present the right videos to the right customer at the right time, and develop systems for large-scale video processing and delivery. Every day we embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content and pushing the envelope of streaming video quality.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in C++/Java, Python and/or SQL while experience with ElasticSearch, AWS services including Dynamo, SQS, Athena will help you contribute quickly.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class, digital media experiences to our customers. A BS in computer science or equivalent is required; an MS is preferred.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or relevant experience especially in the Encoding space.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expert Java or C++ coder
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns
• Proven system design skills
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top