Software Development Engineer II (Music Search Infrastructure)
Amazon Music – Any Way You Want It.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale that can support Amazon's global platform, and customer base.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of software development experience with languages similar to Java, Ruby, Python or C#
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, search, or data analysis.
- A track record of building complex, reliable, and scalable software in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable
- Knowledge of best practices for software development
- Passion for music
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top