SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER II (Level 5)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a customer obsessed software engineer to join the Amazon Devices -Decisions, Insights, Actions, and Learning (DIAL) team in Seattle, WA. We materially impact Amazon's device businesses by forecasting demand for all Amazon Devices using lean, DevOps, agile, ML, big data, deep learning, and any other tools or processes that help us improve.
We are a growing team continues to operate in "startup" mode to prove new business ideas, while strengthening our core ML platforms, and continuously improving our delivery of these forecasts to our customers.
You're a curious engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to innovate, to deliver, and to influence. You are passionate about start-up opportunities, where you succeed by fearlessly testing new ideas and rapidly iterating on technical solutions. You are excited about delivering high-quality software products and services at scale. You are a coding ninja with expertise in programming (Java - Open JDK, SQL, and other languages), solving problems with cutting edge AWS tools, and working together as a team to constantly improve.
About us together:
We will work together on defining and building features in multiple core services and user applications using agile, lean, DevOps, and whatever else helps us do our jobs better. You will work with other SDEs to drive system architecture and establish sound software development practices. You will be writing code, participating in code reviews, and determining best practices. We will dive deep into customer contributed data and system operational metrics identifying areas of improvement. We'll make tough decisions, learn from our mistakes, and continuously improve together.
We will leverage Amazon's Native AWS infrastructure to build systems and design algorithms that are able to handle these large amounts of data. We are solving hard, real world problems with industry best practices, where they exist, and our own best judgement around forecasting demand with ML Models, supply chain problems, and how to guide the decision makers on the greater Amazon Devices team.
Please apply if you are the kind of engineer who is thrilled to solve hard technical problems, enjoys building highly valuable and innovative applications, works to build a better team, and loves to deliver customer satisfaction.
It's an exciting time for at Amazon, especially within our team. We are rebuilding our systems from the ground up. If you want to design, develop, and implement systems at scale now is a great time to talk to us!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience building feature rich services and applications in highly available, flexible, and scalable distributed systems
• 2+ years of experience in data analytics, machine learning, or natural language processing
• Sharp analytical abilities, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Passion for innovation and learning.
• 2+ years as a technical lead, team lead, functional lead or mentoring developing junior employees
• 1+ years of experience communicating with non-technical team members or stakeholders
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top