Software Development Engineer II - iOS
Interested in Alexa and the companion app for mobile? Come work on it.. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented iOS Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products used every day, by people you know.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, mobile and wireless (WiFi & Bluetooth) technologies and practical experience building customer facing mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge wireless technologies including 802.11 (Wi-Fi), IEEE Bluetooth standards and other IoT technologies.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Protocol stack
- Knowledge of iOS, Swift and Objective C
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK and writing multi-threaded apps.
- Experience with version control – Git preferred
- Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional UX
- M.S in Computer Science
- Expert Knowledge of IEEE Bluetooth standards and protocols
- Worked on Bluetooth/BLE based on hardware and embedded software products.
- Have designed and developed a complete iOS app from top to bottom.
- Expert knowledge of IntelliJ or Android Studio
- Web Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
- Solid understanding of iOS and Android UI paradigms
- Experience with protocol buffers
- You have some experience developing for other mobile platforms (Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top