With over 100 million members, Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends and members of the community are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine. Our platform also helps more than 220,000 authors to connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon, Inc.
As part of the Goodreads Mobile team, you will join us building the full stack for the Goodreads app experience on mobile devices and Fire tablets. You will also support Goodreads features in and around the Kindle reading experience for Fire tablet and Kindle eReader customers. This is an opportunity to reach a huge user base on one of our fastest growing platforms and enhance the experience of Goodreads and Amazon readers worldwide.
As a Mobile Full Stack Software Development Engineer on the Goodreads Mobile team, you will:
1. Lead design and development efforts across the stack.
2. Build APIs supporting the app experience, across multiple surfaces like Android, iOS, Kindle Fire tablet and Kindle.
3. Be a key player on a talented mobile team and bring flexibility, speed, and quality to the team.
4. Work in an agile and iterative fast-paced environment.
You are the ideal candidate if you are equally comfortable writing client code and server-side code, defining technical architecture for multiple clients and experienced with cross platform frameworks. You must have a deep understanding of how frontend technologies work, and how they need to be supported by well designed, scalable backend architecture. You must have a passion for learning new skills and applying them. The successful candidate is someone who can thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with iOS and Android development
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Experience with Android/Kotlin and/or mobile cross platform technologies.
• Experience with AppSync, GraphQL or similar technologies.
• Experience with caching technologies Redis, Memcache and related web-backend technologies.
• Experience building web applications, widgets, or interactive experiences.