Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus