The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Physical Stores Security Software Development team is a cross-discipline team that owns services, technology and capabilities to secure physical stores (Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon Grocery, Whole foods, Amazon One, Dash carts) at scale. We build security systems required to securely operate stores, IoT devices and novel devices like Amazon one, dash carts etc. We are looking for motivated engineers to build next generation IoT device Authentication & management systems, machine learning based anomaly detection models, infrastructure Security monitoring service, certificate authorities, high throughput data analysis engines etc. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer value
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills