Are you seeking an environment where you can apply state-of-the-art computer science techniques, data-driven decision making and problem solving skills in a real world setting? Do you want to build large-scale reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems?
Amazon Fulfillment Technology (AFT) provides critical services which interact with back-end systems to ensure customers orders are fulfilled on time in an optimized way.
Join AFT Tech Team and be part of developing large-scale, distributed systems which optimize the fulfillment of customer orders. Interface with the physical world including conveyors & robots, and most importantly your systems will be used by thousands of associates to delight millions of customers. In this role the SDE will be responsible to engage multiple teams and design/develop and support large-scale, multi-tiered software applications and tools. The candidate must possess:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Sound understanding of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented - Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
-Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software and automated solutions to enable products that are used in Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide. The system that you build will have a direct impact on the Top Line performance of the company to the tune of hundreds of millions (USD). You will have influence on subsystem design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude who is ready to own a problem and passionately drive successful implementation. We want someone who is a quick learner and ready to learn and adopt latest computer science technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience Programming
• experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, math or other related disciplines
• Advanced programming in Java on Linux and/or Windows environment. Experience exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive