Software Development Engineer II, Employee Experience
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's Worldwide Operations (WW Ops) Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and -thinking that is excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new products. Our SDE will lead the development of several new front end interfaces that will provide a robust end to end user experience managing all aspects of the ER Teams operations. This SDE, will also work closely with numerous partner organizations like World Wide Operations, Connections, PeopleInsights and HR partners to and develop innovative solutions in large areas of blank space. As a Software Development Engineer you will be the technical subject matter expert on the development of our customer facing applications. This SDE will take ownership over the software , documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of all the solutions pushed to production. However you won't be doing this alone, you will be joining the very definition of an Amazon 'two pizza team' with support from our Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Analyst and the Program Management team. We are a tight team by to be fast, agile and quick to prototype and deploy industry leading solutions. These products will support a vast network of partner organizations and will be highly visible across multiple orgs in Amazon.
What is Employee Relations at Amazon you ask?
The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs, tools and solutions to empower the identification of defects in our employee experience across all roles in the WW Ops org. Our products and programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of building new programs form the ground up, improving existing portfolios and executing at scale. This Software Development Engineer will play a critical role in advancing our mission by working directly with all of our ER team members which includes ER professionals, HR experts, operational leaders, program management experts, communications managers, and economists. This position supports Amazon's Worldwide Operations portfolio, and when we do our jobs well, we have a direct positive impact on the daily work of over 900k+ Amazonians.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team has a developed a reputation for attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service and work closely with our customers, but we also think a big reason for our diversity is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
• Build cool stuff with multiple tools and platforms at your disposal to best solve the business problem
• Help drive business decisions with your technical input and be a technical leader for the team.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or 5+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented , data structures, algorithm and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience in Geospatial software applications
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top