Software Development Engineer II
- Revere, MA
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
We are looking for SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems at scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
"You do not need to submit multiple applications for different cities within the same country. If your application is successful you will be asked to provide your location preferences at that point. However, please submit an application for each country you wish to be considered for, to ensure the necessary reviews of your application are conducted."
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C# or other statically compiled language
• Experience with one or more scripting languages: Ruby, Python, etc.
• At least 6 months of experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top