Software Development Engineer II
- Westborough, MA
The Amazon Modeling and Optimization Team (MOP) lowers the cost of operations and delivery and expedites the delivery experience for the Amazon customers through research and development for optimization, predictive modeling, data visualization, GIS, and machine learning algorithms. Software Engineers in MOP own the productization of the visualizations and algorithms - the platform, infrastructure, data stores and both back-end as well as front-end code of the tools.
As a technology team, we are not tied to one technology - instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies and really push the technical envelope. You'll work to expand Amazon beyond market expectations via innovation and technical exploration through iterative development which includes project scoping / development that emphasizes software excellence. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative algorithms, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 3+ years experience building successful production software systems
• Experience with visualization, distributed systems, algorithms
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Experience in working with geographic data, GIS, visualization and/or geoanalytics
• Experience in game/video graphics development
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top