Prime Video supports an ever-increasing selection of premium films, live sports, TV series, and award-winning original content. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 250 territories worldwide. The Playback Services team designs, implements, and operates the APIs used to play every title on Prime Video. This provides the unique challenge of creating complex, highly-available, low latency systems ensuring Prime Video customers are able to stream their content every time a play button is pressed. Our architecture leverages the latest in AWS cloud technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and CloudFront in supporting billions of requests from millions of Prime Video users. Are you inspired to develop and launch new products? Apply now to shape and influence the Prime Video experience for millions around the world. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
As a Software Development Engineer on the Playback Services team you will:
Design, implement, and operate distributed systems for massive scale live events such as Thursday Night Football and English Premier League.
Use AWS cloud technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, and CloudFront.
Partner with device teams to integrate our services with new and pre-production devices.
Continuously raise the bar for code quality, reliability, and operational excellence.
Successful Software Engineer candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, and high-scalability. Experience with machine learning and big data systems is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and CS fundamentals.
• Strong coding and problem solving skills.
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Experience with distributed system design
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team