Software Development Engineer II
- New York, NY
We improve media performance for brand advertisers by providing analytics and recommendations that help them understand how their cross-channel advertising drives activity both on-and-off-Amazon. Our products operate at the intersection of Amazon e-Commerce and Advertising, which means our solutions must work at a massive scale. If you want to work on big data, this is a great place to be. We are seeking a proven and relentless individual who thrives while creating elegant solutions to complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
As a Software Development Engineer II on the team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of data-intensive analytical products that will help steer the future of advertising. Our stack includes Spark (Scala), EMR, Redshift, Presto, S3, Elasticsearch, JVM-based services, React UIs, and numerous proprietary data exchanges, job schedulers, and cluster management services that oversee our hundreds of discrete daily executions. The list goes on and on, but we are always looking for meaningful improvements so there is plenty of room to introduce new processes and technologies.
You have razor-sharp architectural instincts and love to collaborate by bouncing ideas around a similarly talented team. Our team believes in everyone being driven enough to not need a lot of structure throughout the day; this can translate directly into a low meeting volume with minimal interruptions when desired or a stream of breakout sessions with like-minded colleagues. We want you to be able to innovate how you want to innovate.
This role requires you to have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail when it comes to hard engineering problems that force you to cut through ambiguity and establish creative solutions.
Come have fun and build things with us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software
• Programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture
and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of software development professional experience
• Proven success building high-performance and scalable distributed systems
• Industry experience in full life-cycle software development and operations using best practices
• Skilled with SQL and modeling data in complex domains
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and data processing technologies such as Spark is preferred
• Experience with React or other modern front-end libraries is a plus
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top