Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Are you a high-energy, highly skilled software development engineer/superhero who wants to build and deliver cutting edge technology that protects millions of people every day? Do you want to invent new technologies while collaborating with the very best software engineers and architects in the world?
Are you ready to build solutions to some of the world's most complex technical challenges while at the same time doing battle with nefarious Sellers looking to abuse our catalog to derive unfair advantages? Want to use your highly tuned software development skills for good and lead projects for developing sophisticated techniques to detect and prevent malicious parties, close complex loop holes in our listing and selection systems, and protect millions of consumers, including your friends and family?
Do you keep looking until you find solutions so good they just seem natural? Do you want to push yourself and technology as far as they'll go with a group of smart and fun people?
If this sounds like you and you have a history of delivery of high performance systems then we want you to join our team!
• 5+ years of Software Development experience
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++, Python and/or Java on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational and no-SQL databases
• Experience with UX/UI design & development building Front End user facing systems.
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top