Software Development Engineer II, Direct Tax Technology
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's tax team seeks a capable and motivated individual to be a Software Development Engineer in the Direct Tax Technology team, based in Seattle. The role is responsible for ensuring the tax professionals of Amazon's Direct Tax Reporting and Compliance organization (R&C) are supported in their mission by world-class technology and processes. The impact of their work is evidenced in improved efficiency in processing, empowered customers and a Tax department that continues to meet the unique challenges of Amazon.
• Tackle tax technology challenges with scalable solutions delivered in a quick-and-nimble fashion
• Lead efforts that can involve multiple teams and deliver solutions with impact across the R&C organization
• Be trusted advisors to their R&C customers and engage on projects with high degrees of complexity and business criticality.
• Help define requirements, design, build and rollout solutions.
• Work with multiple stakeholders and manage the complexity of competing needs and timelines.
• Support customers through their business cycles, mentoring, troubleshooting and running processes as needed.
• Understand the solutions we have today, applying them where appropriate and inventing new capabilities when needed.
• Own particular processes and/or parts of our technology toolset, providing subject matter expertise and mentorship
• Listen to customers across the organization and expand our toolset to the benefit of all, avoiding point solutions.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of industry experience OR Master's Degree and 3+ years industry experience
• Excellent Coding Skills in: C#; Python; or Angular/TypeScript Web Development
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working in AWS based solutions
• Experience with SQL, VBA, Angular, and/or Machine Learning
• Excellent Data Analysis skills
• Experience in tax and/or financial systems and processing
• Direct tax modeling and process development experience with Excel and/or Python
• AWS Certified and/or other professional certification
• Dual major or advanced degrees (Accounting, Tax, MBA, or STEM)
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top