Software Development Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
Want to be part of a dynamic start-up environment within Amazon and be at the forefront of enabling "Amazon Pay" outside of Amazon?
The India External Payments team is looking for passionate, experienced people with the desire and talent to make big changes in a fast paced environment. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are innovative, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems then we want you as a Software Development Manager for Amazon's Amazon Pay Merchant experience team. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on technical manager who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life-cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
• The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design while exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Good understanding of at least some of the modern programming languages (Java, C/C++ ) and open-source technologies (Linux, oracle ).
• Excellence in technical communication.
• Has experience in mentoring other software developers
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically while remaining hands-on.
• Prior experience with agile methodologies and a fast-paced environment.
• You are comfortable creating and driving a product roadmap.
Back to top