Do you want to help shape the future of compute for the Amazon Web Services cloud? Are you passionate about quality and testing? Do you want challenging work that will have a huge global impact? Do you care about customer's experience?
The EC2 Enterprise Foundation team is responsible for tackling tough problems faced by enterprise customers via cloud-based solutions. The team uses cutting-edge technologies to ensure that Red Hat and Windows Server workloads are fully functional and performant on AWS EC2 platforms.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be designing and developing automated solutions that help ensure an amazing customer experience with Windows and Linux on AWS EC2. You will focus on both test and framework development at huge scale.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Test development to support Windows and Linux operating systems on AWS EC2.
• Development of large scale testing frameworks.
• Define and implement test plans and reports.
• Use test management best practices to ensure the organization of tests and environments.
• Lead automation efforts, and explore new test automation tools and methods.
• Work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure the quality of Red Hat and Windows on AWS EC2.
Enterprise Platforms and Tooling have an amazing leadership team committed to your individual success in the organization and the broader Amazon. We have a growth mindset, and have a bottoms up approach, we listen actively to engineers and always look for opportunities to grow and develop the team and ourselves.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team has an amazing inclusive culture, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. At AWS we have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves some on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant and alarms are actionable when engagement is required.. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Golang or Python.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• 5+ years of experience as a developer or SDE.
• Coding experience with automation frameworks, tools, and services.
• Experience working with data and databases.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle, and processes.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and/or Linux.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.