Software Development Engineer II
- Windhof, Luxembourg
We're a looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems As a Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools for the new service
• You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
• You will operate with globally distributed servers and customers.
• You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you).
• You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
• Expert skill in Java
• Proficiency in one of PERL, Python, Go or another programming language
• Knowledge of CD/CI systems
• Experience working in a Unix based development environment
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols
• Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment
• Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top