Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Do you aspire to build enduring, and intuitive ML services and tools for Alexa skill developers, linguists, and research scientists working on natural language and multi-modal understanding? Are you interested in solving petabyte-scale distributed data processing, and ML workflow automation problems? Are you excited by the opportunity to operationalize science advancements that make conversational AI more natural and contextual across all languages and regions that Alexa serves? Do you have a desire to invent and raise the bar on preserving customer trust? Are you curious as to how we can make autonomous learning a reality? We're hiring for Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join us and help solve these complex engineering challenges.
Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale distributed computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. You will get to understand your customers' needs deeply, and innovate on their behalf. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team with exceptional peers where you will face new challenges that enable you to grow your skills and advance your career.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++/C# and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Basic understanding of Machine Learning techniques
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions both verbally and in writing
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top