The internet is too slow!
People are more reliant than ever on home internet being fast and stable for both work and play. Our Service, AWS Global Accelerator, is built to help accomplish just that. We are providing AWS builders the ability to accelerate their TCP and UDP based workloads by making the dedicated AWS global network available to all. We do this through our geographically distributed network of locations that are deployed close to end customers. Our customers range from gaming and telco to service providers with large geographically distributed customer bases.
Our service launched in 2019 and we are looking for engineers to join our team in Portland to continue to make it easier for customers of all types to make use of AWS's global network infrastructure. Our Portland team is responsible for the public facing APIs and the back-end infrastructure used to integrate with other AWS services (so not the low level routing or networking logic). Think document databases, Kotlin, Go, Web Services, Message Buses, Step Functions, etc.
We are hiring software engineers with a broad range of experience, but any successful candidate is going to be comfortable working on a broad range of technologies, write clean code, have experience and comfort both designing and working with distributed systems, and in general just be excited to learn and be challenged.
Software development engineers are encouraged and empowered to be involved with all phases of the SDLC. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of new big data and machine learning software built natively in AWS. Ideal candidates should be confident in many technical topics, some examples being: object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, coding, object-oriented design, and databases.
Want to drive the development of a new service for thousands of AWS customers? We are currently looking for a software development engineer to help us deliver the future of application and network monitoring at AWS. This role is for an external facing AWS service and is a good fit for you if you are passionate about autonomous software systems that transform the way applications and networks are built and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services. You're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and
• Do what nobody else in the world is doing... literally
• Gain world class knowledge and expertise on designing, building and operating software services at AWS' scale
• Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous services that observe the state of AWS applications and the global internet, make active decisions on performance issues, and inform AWS customers about those issues
• Design and build advanced Machine Learning and AI algorithms.
• Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems and networking
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other STEM program.
• Experience with networking protocols and concepts.
• Experience with data analytics concepts, techniques and approaches (statistical inference, regression models etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.