Software Development Engineer - II
- Seattle, WA
About the team...
Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every transaction, every second is our mission. We do this by identifying and removing bad actors from the platform, while supporting a best-in-class customer experience. Amazon has hundreds of millions of customers, sellers, and developers all over the world that rely on Amazon products and services. Our success comes from preventing bad actors from abusing these products and undermining the trust customers have in them. We are handling massive scale. Amazon is one of a kind in the number of customers served, transactions processed, and products handled.
About the role...
We're looking for a SDE with an interest in fraud prevention to help outwit the bad actors. They will be highly impactful with their overall operational excellence influence for the organization. They will work closely with a talented tech team of Software Development Engineers(SDEs), SDETs and Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) to understand features and technical implementation, develop robust automation solutions that enhances the team's ability to continuously deliver value to our customers. They will innovate with solutions that decreases the overall maintenance and operational overhead of our software systems. If you like creating applications to solve technically complex problems, working directly with your customers and making hard operational tasks easy, this is the job for you!
About the candidate...
The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about creative solutions to our technical problems. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, but at the same time you embody ownership at the business level and contribute to product development. You should be able to work directly with your customers and senior engineers to articulate requirements and understand the best path for delivering the needed functionality. You should be able to write clear and maintainable documentation and code, and be familiar with both unit testing and front-end testing. You will own the entire suite of tools, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement. You will use core AWS technologies. Keys to a successful candidate include an ability to collaborate across large teams, navigating ambiguous situations, and a Customer obsessed focus. You will also have an opportunity to learn new technologies and develop well-rounded skills to grow your career as programmer analyst or software development engineer.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. If you have passion to learn and be curious, and want apply your programming and analytical skills to help Amazon grow, this is the opportunity for you.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelors or Masters of Science in CS or related field)
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
• Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple layers of complexity
• Very strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
• Develop and maintain a culture of innovation and operational excellence in the team.
• Understanding of service oriented architectures
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively across various internal organizations and other software development teams
• Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For people with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top