Software Development Engineer II | Consumer Engineering
- Bexley, United Kingdom
Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems and services that host and run the world's largest e-Commerce products catalog, powering the online buying experience for customers worldwide so they can find, discover and buy anything they want. Our systems process hundreds of millions of updates on the billions of products across physical, digital and services offerings. We ensure that we serve up the freshest and most complete product information to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers around the world 24x7x365.
• We develop the algorithms and build the systems and tools to ensure safety of the selection and maximize their impact on the Amazon top-line, all the while continuously growing the selection.
• We develop and apply technologies spanning parallel processing, storage, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Image Recognition.
• We stretch the limits of distributed systems and big data processing to solve some of the hardest technical problems and unprecedented scale challenges.
With the continued growth in both, scale and diversity of the Amazon business, these challenges only get bigger, requiring us to constantly innovate as there are no "textbook solutions." We're looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who have industry development experience and strong technical design skills, and are able to drive technical design and implementation efforts end-to-end. You will be coming into the most tenured organization within Amazon, where you have the opportunity to work with exceptional leadership, own complex challenges and influence the direction of technology impacting hundreds of millions of customers across the globe.
• Seattle (SEA)
• New York (NYC)
• Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, Python, C, C++, C#, or Perl
• Minimum of 4 years industry experience in software engineering
• Minimum of 1 year industry experience with end-to-end design and implementation of software features and components
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM field
• Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Ability to self-direct with a focus on delivery and results
• Experience with large scale, end-to-end systems design
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Scala, ML
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills and listening skills, including the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical stakeholders
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top