Software Development Engineer II
- Detroit, MI
Come join a creative team to build highly scalable, extensible tools that enable us to launch high quality APIs and do so while being efficient. If you are a passionate, self-motivated, excellent engineer who loves solving deep technical problems then we are looking for you!
We are looking for experienced software development engineers with a strong ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale to join our API service team under the Selling Partner Services organization. The team currently owns the API endpoint that thousands of selling partners around the world use to manage their business on Amazon. As part of the team, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our internal and external customers as we take on significant challenges in building highly scalable, reliable, and extensible systems.
A successful candidate will have a background in the development of distributed systems, a solid technical foundation, good communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Be obsessed with addressing customer needs
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top