Software Development Engineer II
- Boston, MA
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon WorkDocs is a cloud based document storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities. WorkDocs is more than just the home for user files - it aims at being the simple, secure and cheap cloud based document management service. It also aims to be home for all the conversations, collaboration and activity surrounding user/team/organization documents.
To enable the vision and asks from our customers, we are looking for strong software developers to join our mission and build whole set of new feature sets. This is an opportunity to be part of a start-up team for a new AWS business that promises to go big.
We are looking for a well-rounded software development engineer with a proven track record of solving challenging technical problems and creating great products for end users. Expectations from candidate is to help us build new set of Collaborative experiences and services for Enterprise Information Workers. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional design, and coding skills along with strong technical acumen. He/She will be will be a catalyst for change by working with the various product managers and principal engineers to code and design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges . If you are passionate about delighting business users with great and compelling cloud based solutions, then we would like to talk to you.
• 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C/C++, C#.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with AWS services EC2, DynamoDB, S3, etc
• Decent experience with software performance measurements and techniques.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
• Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top