Thinking about a change? Take a look at Direct Connect. Customers LOVE us and we have a huge list of cool new features to implement. We are a worldwide team that is growing at Amazon scale!
We are looking for exceptional Software Development Engineers to join us at our Herndon, VA location to build the next generation of the AWS Direct Connect service. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the AWS Direct Connect service (https://aws.amazon.com/directconnect/ )
First, a bit of background:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and networking services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. Our services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest startups to power a wide variety of workloads.
The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections. AWS Direct Connect is currently available in more than 100 locations located in 28 countries.
AWS gives its engineers a tremendous amount of responsibility and empowers them to do whatever it takes to meet customer needs. The AWS Direct Connect team is looking for experienced technical experts who can help us build large scale distributed systems to meet our customers' demands. You will be designing, implementing, and operating features to put features into customers' hands quickly.
AWS in general and this business, in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion for operational excellence is essential. Candidates must be comfortable working within a fast-moving startup environment and be eager to embrace ownership and accountability.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
For detailed info regarding Direct Connect visit:
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
On a "typical" day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
This position on the Direct Connect team will be designing and developing new SDN (Software Defined Network) solutions for our customers. You'll be coming in on the ground floor as we build these exciting new services for our enterprise customers to grow their hybrid cloud solutions tailored to their specific network needs and ensuring durability, resiliency, speed and high availability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development using Java or C/C++ in Linux environments.
• Experience with standard internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
• Experience with routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, L3VPN, VxLAN
• Knowledge and experience with networking algorithms and data structures.
• Understanding of agile development methodology, CI, and CD systems.
• Experience in network automation (e.g., automated provisioning and remote configuration of switches and routers; flow-based analysis and predictive modeling of traffic in dynamic routing environments.)
• Experience working with ISPs/Colocation providers
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with AWS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role