Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging, distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Furthermore, our applications meet requirements for accuracy and once-and-only-once processing.
As a software developer, you have the opportunity to develop a federated billing system that supports new pricing models using cutting edge technologies like Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps AWS to bring our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with high-performance technical teammates and having fun doing it.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building high volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.