Software Development Engineer II
Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are building a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. This is a strategic initiative for the company, and we are growing quickly. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will have an opportunity to build device platform within Android ecosystem for Amazon's Own and Operated Fire OS Devices. This device platform enables millions of customers on FireOS devices to interact with rich ad-experiences built on Amazon's ad platform. Your day to day responsibilities would involve –
Participating in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
Translating functional requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technology, software products and tools.
- Mentor junior development engineers.
Join us, and be a part of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field;
- 3+ years of industry experience;
- Proficiency in a compiled imperative language, e.g. Java, C++ or C#;
- Strong data structure, algorithm knowledge;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and code instrumentation
- 5+ years of industry experience;
- Experience with Android development;
- Experience with building systems for semi-connected devices;
- Experience designing clean adaptable systems for the real world.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top