Software Development Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Alexa Shopping is a product that millions of customers use every day across Alexa-enabled devices, Amazon desktop and mobile. We create convenient time savers for busy customers and their families by capturing their in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on the go and at work and organizing them so they can complete their shopping quickly, wherever they prefer. The Customer Engagement team is at the forefront of this innovative space and we create unique and delightful voice shopping experiences that drive engagement and awareness. We strive to make Alexa the ideal personal assistant by always getting customers the best price for a product.
We are seeking an SDE II who will focus on increasing Voice Shopping customer engagement by building delightful experiences at scale, across various domains at Amazon, partnering with teams in Retail, Alexa and Consumer teams.
You will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers as we continue to push the envelope and innovate with the latest technologies.
You will have the freedom to experiment, improve and invent on behalf of our customers. Most importantly, you will work for a strong leadership team that optimizes for your growth and pairs you with personalized mentors within and outside the organization, to guide your career.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Understanding of Networking protocols, Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies, and Client/Server development
• Passion for big, difficult problems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top