Have you ever shopped for an out-of-stock item and wondered how Amazon predicts how long it will take to receive the item? Would you like to be part of the team that helps Amazon customers order the items they want, even when those items are currently out-of-stock? Are you excited at the prospect of building and operating the systems that make the largest possible selection of items available to Amazon customers all around the world, while generating billions of dollars in merchandise sales?
As a Software Development Engineer for Out of Stock Promise, you will be a member of diverse, 2-pizza team that develops and maintains software systems that predict product availability, use machine learning to predict delivery times for out-of-stock products, and provide critical services for internal teams within Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT). This year, your role will emphasize developing and rolling-out our services to emerging marketplaces, enabling more customers world-wide to receive trustworthy delivery promises on currently out-of-stock products.
In your role, you will collaborate with other software engineers, engineering managers, data scientists, and program managers to design, build, deploy, and administer out-of-stock systems. You will be an integral part of our sprint planning processes, and will own important deliverables that will help drive our goals.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience with Java, Python, Scala
• Experience implementing machine learning prediction services.
• Skill performing data deep-dives, writing and debugging complex SQL queries, and ingesting data from a variety of different data sources and in a variety of different formats.
• Ability to write clear, concise technical documentation for multiple audiences (peers, non-technical audiences, business leadership).
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and system design.
• Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving, analytical, and deep-dive abilities.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.