Software Development Engineer II, AWS SageMaker Studio Notebooks
- Seattle, WA
Interested in making an impact on the Machine Learning and AI ecosystem? As an SDE on the Amazon SageMaker Studio Notebooks team, you'll own the Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience for AWS ML. Your team's mission is to provide a highly scalable and collaborative data science workbench where any data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and collaborative workspace in the cloud.
Engineers on this team get to:
• Engage with the maintainers of Jupyter/JupyterLab, nteract, etc. and make meaningful contributions to keep SageMaker on the cutting-edge.
• Support online ML education providers (e.g., fast.ai, Udacity) to develop the next generation of ML engineers .
• Be very close to end customers as develop/combine open source software and examples to make a compelling customer experience.
• Develop/maintain operational rigor for a fast-growing AWS service.
• Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
• Continually improve operational excellence.
• Be part of "two pizza" scrum team.
• Engage with open source and online ML education communities, staying abreast, influencing direction, and making contributions.
• Collaborate with other SageMaker SDE's for features that cut across SageMaker.
• Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
• Help with hiring.
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers.
What is SageMaker?
Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) is a fully-managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for batch or online predictions. SageMaker takes away the "heavy-lifting" normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
What is SageMaker Studio?
SageMaker Studio is AWS' fully Integrated Development Environment for Machine Learning. It's our end-user-focused single-pane-of-glass for interfacing with SageMaker and a plethora of ML technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Active engagement with an open source community.
• Experience building tools for data scientists and developers.
• Proficiency with notebook software (Jupyter, nteract, Zeppelin)
• (Optional) Frontend development experience with React, TypeScript for web-based IDE innovation.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering and/or full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top