Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. We leverage big data technologies to drive network automation, performance, and reliability. As we scale and grow our team, we are looking for talented software engineer that want to get their hands into the core services that fuel the cloud infrastructure.
What will you do here? We give our engineers complete ownership of their realm, they start by gathering requirements, choosing technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. We might look big from the outside, but internally, the team feels like a startup.
We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking technology with it, driving innovation through automation. We operate on an unimaginable scale, and keep reinventing our systems each year to drive the cost down for our customers while increasing the availability and scalability.
At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
We are a fast growing highly motivated team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• 3+ years of experience programming preferably in Java, Python, C/C++, Ruby in Linux environment.
• 5+ years of experience in building production software applications with focus on efficient back-end components.
• Knowledge of major protocols, topology design, network hardware and device configuration.
• An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• Familiarity with distributed systems, SOA, enterprise-wide systems and asynchronous messaging.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age