Software Development Engineer II - AWS Identity Store
- Vancouver, Canada
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
AWS Identity provide services that enable AWS customers to control who can access what. Our services enable identity, resource, and access management as well as governance across our customers' AWS environments. We integrate with all AWS services, and 100% of AWS customers use our services, so we take our responsibility for securely enforcing access control for AWS as our absolute top priority.
In this position, you will work with a senior team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. Not only do we work on a fun customer-facing space, but we have a great inclusive and diverse team of engineers and leaders that values making sure each voice is heard and a great work-life balance. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You understand building reliable and secure services, leveraging AWS technologies, and can build software at scale. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly solve problems. You are a team player, contribute to the execution of team objectives, and leverage technical knowledge and engineering best practices to rapidly deliver solutions that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
• Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale global environments
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, or OpenID, Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services and directory sync. protocols e.g. SCIM
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top