Software Development Engineer II - AWS Identity & Access Management
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS identity team has been strategic to AWS from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access, security and providing fundamental platform capabilities to all of AWS services.
Now we are embarking on a new initiative to further expand the portfolio of AWS Identity services to embrace the new era of mobile applications and Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices. We are thinking of how to build the next generation of identity services that are multi-tenant and best suited for the cloud in the future. This is an area that requires building some of the largest massive scale distributed systems in the world and solving some of the hardest engineering challenges. Building the next generation of identity and access management systems for AWS represents a unique opportunity to contribute in developing Tier-0 services from the ground up with security, scalability, high availability, high throughput and low latency in mind from day 1.
We are looking for a senior software development engineer who is technically very strong, with deep knowledge in web services, backend storage design, NoSQL database design and distributed systems, takes pride in tackling challenges, excels at working in an agile environment, and gets excited about owning the architecture of a set of critical infrastructure services that serve customers globally every second of the day. You will be responsible for creating and driving the technical vision for the team that designs, develops, tests, and operates Identity and Access Management end to end. As a member of the Identity and Access Management leadership team you will help set and meet aggressive goals. By working with customers and other leaders throughout AWS, you will help shape our long term technical and business strategies.
Software Development Engineer
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon.com. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. They work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon.com builds high performing, scalable systems that fit well together.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
- 3+ years in technical leadership role
- Experience with distributed systems
- The ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Deep knowledge in backend storage design
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top