Software Development Engineer II - AWS Identity
- Saran, France
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Come and be a part of the AWS AuthN Platform team and build new systems and capabilities in our authentication platform stack.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with millions of active customers around the world. We maintain a rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own startup inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers' satisfaction, service innovations, ambitious growth, and meeting revenue goals.
In this role, you will have a strong focus on optimizing the experience of AWS authentication flows, as well as driving innovation in the technology that supports these systems. You will have an opportunity to design and build solutions that allow both customers and enterprises to interact with AWS consoles and services seamlessly, by leveraging all the modern identity standards.
A successful candidate will need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. This role will allow you to relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues, fix them permanently while taking the learning back as you design the next iteration.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile and in an ownership and results oriented culture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top