Software Development Engineer II - AWS Directory Service (DS) Team
- Puteaux, France
We are looking for an enterprising software development engineer (SDE) to help build a fast growing engineering team to , develop and launch large global services.
The Identity team are pioneers in identity access management, security and providing massively scaled, platform capabilities to all of services. Directory Service (DS), a core offering of Identity enables managed, and highly available directory solutions for enterprise needs. We are growing rapidly, investing in exciting new capabilities to expand our solutions portfolio and need passionate engineering leaders to help build some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
If the below resonates with you then you should apply!
• You enjoy designing simple solutions to complex problems that delight our Customers.
• You take pride in tackling hardest technical challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and get excited about owning critical platform services that serve customers globally.
• You get excited about learning new technologies, experimenting diverse ideas, and learning from those around you.
• You value work-life balance and don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, hence will work with the team to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
• You take code reviews seriously. You believe that good code reviews raise code quality, and provide opportunities to share knowledge and grow each other.
• You don't shy away from diving deep into challenging operational issues, resolve the root cause and take the learning back as you design the next iteration.
• You care deeply about your career growth. You have the hunger to continuously learn & develop yourself.
• You enjoy working on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people
As an SDE, you will own design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global systems that are core to all services. You will be expected to play a key role partnering with Sr engineers in driving the technology roadmap of the team, designing and delivering architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You will own ensuring your service can to support the Windows workload story; integrating with multiple services across all regions. If this excites you, come join us in Vancouver, CA and help continue to write the computing story for the industry.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders
• Proven track record of designing and delivering large-, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Understanding of Identity Systems, LDAP, Microsoft AD a plus
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Experience using machine learning techniques a plus
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top