Software Development Engineer II - AWS
- Santa Monica, CA
AWS is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join a new team in our Los Angeles office!
Do you want to be surrounded by innovation? Would you like to be empowered with a lot of ownership? Would you like to accelerate your growth? Do you thrive in a challenging work environment? Would you like your voice to be heard? Would you be interested in learning about operating a service at a massive scale, while working alongside world-class engineers? If the answer to any of these questions is YES, then this is the team for you!
Strong knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service will be keen, as this team is innovating a new application. You will be joining at the team's inception stage, and it will have a startup feel. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also about ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality
You will collaborate with world-class researchers and security engineers to develop innovative detection capabilities and build a system empowered by Machine/Deep Learning algorithms.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline.
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience with object oriented design.
• 3+ years of experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture.
• 3+ years of experience with agile development methodologies for continuous development of product and technology.
• 1+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems.
• M.S. in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
• Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment previous startup experience a plus.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
• Programming experience with Rust or/and C.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top