Software Development Engineer II, Amazon SageMaker ML Frameworks, AWS AmazonAI Machine Learning Platform
- Malvern, PA
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
The ML Frameworks builds bridges from the languages and frameworks that data scientists work with SageMaker, with the goal of providing a world class user experience to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal. This includes a suite of open source projects that make it easier to use SageMaker from popular ML Frameworks. Below are the GitHub projects we have (and more to come!):
And this also includes building the ecosystem through integrations with a list of popular open source projects like Airflow and Kubeflow.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for machine learning, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to build open-source community and have an industry wide impact, and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver products that have a broad business impact.
You will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. As a senior engineer, you will be a tech lead responsible for leading a team to design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems
• Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
• Deep learning framework expertise such as TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, Chainer
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top