Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
The Role: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
This is for a new initiative (Omni Channel Shopping Experience) that touches various retail systems across amazon.
Omnichannel shopping features enable customers to shop and use Amazon services seamlessly and intuitively across our physical and online stores. Regardless of where the shopping journey begins, customers should be able to see availability, purchase and return products across channels. Shopping in any channel should make the Amazon shopping experience as a whole better experiences in one Amazon channel influence shopping in others.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Fluency in Java, C# or other object-oriented languages.
• Passion and established experience for full stack software development
• Proficiency in software system design
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Working knowledge of UNIX systems
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Industry experience building highly available, distributed services
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role