Would you like to be part of a team that is solving challenging problems for Amazon's Physical Stores? Are you passionate about delivering new experiences that delight our customers and building highly available and low latency systems that can scale up to ever expanding customer base? We are hiring rockstar SDE2s for our Physcial Stores Returns team.
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar stores. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. Physical Stores Returns team is on of the tech teams . We own end-to-end returns and post purchase experience for the Physical Stores customers; be it in-store returns system or online returns of in-store purchases or supporting return drop-offs at our physical stores. We blend the online and instore experiences by bringing parity across in-store and online returns feature set and providing an omnichannel returns experience. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, our challenge is to build solutions that guarantee stringent wait time, latency and availability SLAs for a in-store experience while making the solutions extensible for online use cases as well. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
This is an exciting opportunity for an SDE2. As an SDE2, you will have opportunity to learn, grow and deliver results by designing and leading our multple new tech initiatives for transforming our tech stack into more nimble, agile, highly available, highly fault tolerant system while learning and employing NAWS technology for solving these problems. We have a big charter with many challenging problems on our roadmap which will give you great opportunity to grow into the next level.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Industry experience building highly available, distributed services
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role