The Amazon Observability team is building solutions that improve visibility into the customer generated traffic across thousands of services that make up Amazon.com. Several organizations that make up amazon.com, Alexa, Audible, PrimeVideo use our software to gain insights into their platforms. We are on an exciting journey to improve observability of all amazon services by collecting more telemetry and we are improving the developer experience to use the data. As a software engineer you will have the opportunity to work on products that improve availability, enable peak readiness and positively impact every service across Amazon. You will partner with several teams across Amazon like BigMesh, HEX, AWS X Ray to deliver Observability solutions.
We are an agile team with significant impact. We think big and we are not afraid to challenge the status quo and break new ground at Amazon.com. We have performance engineering pedigree every microsecond of latency counts. Every new requirement is challenged, any new dependency is scrutinized, and the features we develop are balanced by infrastructure work, because we don't like technical debt. We are working on a business opportunity that will significantly improve Amazon's availability for the customers and the incident response posture. We invent new technologies and include them in our software solutions used by thousands of Amazonians across the globe. We are results driven, ready to deliver working solutions, and we are looking for you!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts, practices
• Experience influencing software engineers, infrastructure engineers and operators on best practices (full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations)
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience with capacity planning, infrastructure scaling
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong understanding of core protocols and technologies such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, caches, and distributed data stores
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.