Alexa Shopping is a product that millions of customers use every day across Alexa-enabled devices, Amazon desktop and mobile. We create convenient time savers for busy customers and their families by capturing their in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on the go and at work and organizing them so they can complete their shopping quickly, wherever they prefer.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer who will focus on building these mechanisms by conceptualizing, designing and implementing a configuration driven architecture to host our experiences, and a set of automated and self-service tools for our product teams to use to create unique and delightful experiences quickly. You will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers as we continue to push the envelope and innovate with the latest technologies.
You will have the freedom to experiment, improve and invent on behalf of our customers. Most importantly, you will work for a strong leadership team that optimizes for your growth and pairs you with personalized mentors within and outside the organization, to guide your career.
About the team
The Customer Engagement team is at the forefront of this innovative space and we create unique and delightful voice shopping experiences that drive engagement and awareness. To maximize our impact to Alexa Shopping customers we need to build the right infrastructure and tooling to enable the rapid creation of experiences through automated and self-service mechanisms.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• Understanding of Networking protocols, Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies, and Client/Server development
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Passion for big, difficult problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.