Software Development Engineer II - Alexa Product Knowledge
- Santa Clara, CA
Our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to develop the customer experience for product knowledge. You will own the decisions for how Alexa responds to every customer request for product information, including what Alexa says, what she shows to the user, and what follow up questions she might ask. Customers rely on Amazon as a great source of information about the products they use, shop for, and desire.
You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way technology is used daily in your own home. You will also have the satisfaction of changing the future of everyday life.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field * Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education * 3+ years professional experience in software development * Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design * Computer Science fundamentals in data structures * Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis * Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers * Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations * Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project * Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top