Software Development Engineer II - Alexa Product Knowledge
- Palo Alto, CA
Our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to build our Product Information Engine. You and your team will build the platform to ingest data from Amazon's vast and varied stores of product information, understand unstructured and semi-structured data, index them, and serve back answers to users' questions in real time. The platform you build will improve the experience for millions of customers, learning from new data, user behavior, and better models.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deploy massively scalable services. You will investigate design tradeoffs, prototype and test different approaches, lead the development of new features, and launch and operate new services. Come and help us build the future!
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years of experience in software development
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Experience designing, building, launching, and operating internet- scale services for consumers
• Experience with machine learning, natural language understanding, and information retrieval systems
• The ability to communicate, persuade and influence, both verbally and in writing
Back to top