Software Development Engineer II - Alexa Excellence
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for driving scalability and optimizations across the teams in Alexa. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field), or the equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree, based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, Java or Ruby.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in full stack development and/or internal tool development.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating initiatives across multiple teams
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Knowledge of software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top