Ever wondered how Amazon is using its Global presence to offer best of Amazon experience to its international customers? Amazon Global store allows customers to buy imported products in their local current and experience. This is Amazon first cross marketplace initiative that allows selection from one marketplace to list on another marketplace. Given our rapid growth and this huge opportunity we are applying cutting edge technology to solve complex business problems. Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to Amazon's profitability and growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you want to pave the future for Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business globally? If so, Amazon Global Store is seeking a Software Development Engineer who wants to stretch both their technical abilities and their business know-how to implement creative global solutions and act as a leader of leaders.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
• Relevant experience building successful production software systems.
• Proficiency in English language.
• Ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs. Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, plus internet and OS security fundamentals.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations including:
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience with AWS is a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.